The PALS Program IS UNDERGOING FORMATIVE AND SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT TO CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE THE PROGRAM AND TO DETERMINE ITS SUCCESS IN ACHIEVING EQUITY AT SRJC
The Student Success and Equity Committee, with the help of the Office of Institutional Research, is actively assessing the effectiveness of the PALS program.
HERE ARE LINKS TO THE PALS REPORTS:
HERE ARE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SPRING 2014 REPORT:
The Students’ Experience:
· Nearly 100% of students are in favor of the program continuing, with a large number requesting more PALS with increased availability.
· 70% agree/strongly agree that working with the PAL Specialist helped them to learn and succeed in their course.
· 83% state that the PAL Specialist demonstrated an interest in helping them to succeed.
· 78% agreed that the time the PAL Specialist spent in class was helpful.
· 43% of students attended a PAL Specialist led study session.
· 48% regularly take advantage of SRJC resources.